“New” Christian Science Nurse Education
“Training local people to meet local needs”
Beacon Haven continues to support the sustainability of Mary Baker Eddy’s Manual by-law for the Christian Science nurse through education. Introduction to Christian Science Nursing classes are designed to give the student an understanding of the skills necessary to help others in the role of a Christian Science nurse.
Basic Qualifications for applying
- High School graduate, college graduate preferred.
- Reliable transportation and housing.
- Membership the The First Church of Christ, Scientist.
- Christian Science Class Instruction for training beyond the Introduction to Christian Science nursing class.
- Active Branch Church membership.
How to apply
- Click the link below.
- Download and fill out the application.
- Please provide thoughtful answers to the questions.
- References should include a Christian Science Practitioner and another branch church member who can speak to your expression of Christly qualities.
- Mail application to Beacon Haven.
Workshops for Churches
Beacon Haven Christian Science nurses are available to provide workshops on the following topics:
- Advanced Directives
- Mobility training for church workers
- Care Committee
- Caring for a Family Member
- Caring for church members
- Caring for the Caregiver
- Spiritual Dimension of Care
To schedule a workshop or receive more information about workshop topics and workshop options, please contact the Business Office at (651) 379-1000.
Youth Internship Opportunities
Paid summer program for high school and college students. Understanding the role of a Christian Science nurse and learning how to apply spiritual concepts to practical tasks. Interns assist staff in food service, housekeeping, laundry, and yard work.
How to Apply.
Download the internship flyer and contact the business office at 651-379-0100.