Please call to start the process: 651-379-0100
- Please call us to start the process: 651-379-0100
- A Christian Science Nurse will take your contact information and our Director of Christian Science Nursing will promptly return your call to assess your situation and explain how Beacon Haven can best meet your needs.
- Our Director of Christian Science Nursing will work with both patient and family for a smooth and harmonious admission.
All individuals who come to Beacon Haven for Christian Science nursing care should demonstrate the following:
- A radical reliance on Christian Science for healing.
- Daily treatment from a Journal-Listed Christian Science practitioner.
- Freedom from use of medication or medical equipment.
What to Bring with You to Beacon Haven
- State ID card or US passport.
- Medicare ID card, if applicable.
- Social Security card
- Private Insurance card, if applicable
- A copy of the patient’s Health Care Directive.
Patients without a Health Care Directive are encouraged to prepare one. More information about Health Care Directives is available HERE. If you need additional assistance, please ask the Beacon Haven Christian Science nurse upon admission or submit a request for assistance using the online form at left.
Paying for Care
Private Payment. For patients not covered under an insurance plan or under Medicare, Beacon Haven will bill the patient directly each month. Payment plans may be established to meet the individual needs of each patient. Please contact our Business Office for inquiries about billing and payment plans: (651) 379-0100.
Medicare. Upon admission, determination of Medicare eligibility will be discussed with the patient and/or the patient’s family. Beacon Haven will process all billing on behalf of patients covered under Medicare.
Beacon Haven is inspected and accredited by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a Religious Nonmedical Health Care Institution (RNHCI). As such, we are treated as a hospital under Medicare part A. Beacon Haven does not participate in Medicaid.
Private Insurance. Some health insurance and long-term care insurance will pay for Christian Science care. Please contact the Beacon Haven business office for individual questions and inquiries (651) 379-0100.
Financial Assistance. Some financial assistance (benevolence) is available for those patients who need assistance paying for services received from Beacon Haven.
It is the wish of the trustees and staff that Beacon Haven provide proper care to those relying on Christian Science for healing regardless of ability to pay. Of course, Beacon Haven needs to operate on a sustainable basis.
If requested by a patient or a patient’s family, our Benevolence Committee will (confidentially) assess the patient’s financial needs and identify options for support.
If it is determined that financial assistance may be needed, the following options will be explored with the patient and/or the patient’s family:
- Can payments be scheduled for the full amount over a period of time?
- Have all appropriate resources been considered: for example, personal investments, Christian Science Association, patient’s Church, etc.
- Patients are informed of other resources that are available to them: for example, National Fund for Christian Science Nursing (NFCSN).
Once all options have been explored with the patient, recommendations are made for possible benevolence support from Beacon Haven.